Thursday 13 June 2013

My team


Mike Lambden will be taking photos at the start, Union Mills, Orrisdale (just past the Blackboards) and Peel. Its the 7th year that Mike has assisted with the photographs and he is on the Isle of Man for more than a week with his family. The photo of him was when he retired just before Christmas as Corporate Affairs Manager at National Express after 46 years -  he was taken to work on a coach with his own name.


The first time I roped Marie Lambden into helping was in 2007, with 10 seconds warning. when I had too many cameras to juggle and I rather cruelly left the sound on the published video when she says "what do I do when I want to turn it off?". She will have the video in hand at Braddan again. Last year she captured the walkers going through 6 metres of water at Braddan Bridge, or rather 6 mm. 



Cameraman Neil Wilson joins the parishwalk.com team for the first time principally to capture the walkers over the Sloc but with motorbike power he might appear at one or two additional slots. 


Former Commonwealth Games walker and long term member of the Manx Telecom Parish Walk organising committee, Karen Kneale will be taking photos of the finishers for the prize presentation and will be sharing her photos with us on the website. 


For the 6th row in a year in a row Sean Hands, who until last year was the course record holder, will be keeping his watchful eye on events at the finish. His patience with all the questioners at the help desk helps me make it through the night.


Last year Ben Lambden helped with the website from Hull - there were a few times I thought "I don't remember saying that" before I realised he was sharing my log in. This year he will be at the finish through the night to assist me with the publishing, taking photos and video and, depending how much he is up for, appearing in a few other places.


Before I did this job I had hair! Its now 35 years since I reached Douglas Promenade in front of about  four people - now we have that many just for the website! I'm sure I'll find something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment