Thursday 20 June 2013

10 quotes I don't want to hear next week...

1.      After resting, eating and starting full of adrenaline):  “I felt so good early on that I went fast at the start but I dropped out much earlier than I planned.”

2. “I said last year that it was going to be my last. I should have stuck to the plan.”

3. “I met another walker that I knew and started chatting to him. I thought I would stay with him and I forgot about my schedule.”

4. “At the last minute I decided to buy some new shoes and my feet blistered before I reached Marown.”

5. (From a hospital bed) “The doctor advised against me starting but I thought it was only a cold and I would be fine.”

6. “I couldn’t resist the food and I tried things that I had never had when I was walking. I gave myself a stomach upset and eventually retired.”

7. “I covered the first 20 miles bang on schedule. My schedule allowed me more time on the Sloc but I enjoyed passing so many people. Most of them re-passed me just past Peel and I retired at Ballaugh instead of getting round as planned.”

8. “I live in the south and I saw so many people I knew and I suppose I got carried away. By the time I reached the Sloc I was crawling.”

9. “My coach had a well planned schedule but I didn’t allow for the weather. I tried to maintain the pace when I should have been more flexible. I was 30 minutes ahead of my mate at Jurby but he used his head and got to the finish 30 minutes before me.”

10. “I forgot to set the alarm and missed the start.”

1 comment:

  1. Done most of them. Of course, this year it will all be different....

    ReplyDelete